• The temple is located on the Villupuram - Katpadi Railroad and is about 65 kilometers from Villupuram and is about 90 - kilometres form Katpadi.
• The town is well connected from Chennai and frequent bus services are available, one through Chengleput, Madurantakam, Tindivanam and Gingee, and the other through Sri Perumbudur, Kancheepuram, Vellore and Polur.
• The town is about 90 kms from Vellore, 60 kms from Tindivanam, 60 kms from Villupuram and 100 kms from Krishnagiri.
• The town also has a helipad so as to enbale devotees to reach it from Chennai and other cities.
• The temple authorities have provided accommodation at nominal cost for the benefit of the devotees. The rent for Rest Houses is Rs.200 and Rs.150 per day.
• The rent for rooms at Appar Illam is Rs.100 per day.
• The rent for rooms at Unnamalai Amman Rest House is Rs.100/-(Double room) and Rs.50/- (Single room) per day.
• Apart from this, private accommodation is available in and around the temple.
Built across the river Ponnaiyar, this dam site is a popular picnic spot. Located among forests and hills, Sathanur has many attactions such as the crocodile park, and swimming pool.